Tuesday, September 29, 2009

blustery kind of day...

Today is a blustery kind of day.

(Can't say that without picturing Pooh and all his pals, can you?! Me neither.)

So, the bluster. So nice. 'Cause sunshine just irks me, honestly. It irritates me. It makes me anxious. It makes me uncomfortable. I am weird, I realize. But I would rather have a month of cloudy days than a week of straight sunshine. And if there were rain, too - please, I would be in heaven.

I could not be more opposite my sister in this. Aimee would rather bake in the sun for hours, just soaking up the sunshiney goodness and all the wonderful vitamins and stuff. We go to the beach, us with all our kids, and sit in the sun - and it is the worst kind of torture I can imagine. I love the time with my sis, and I love the time with my kids and her kids, and I LOVE photographing it all... but the sun. Really, does it need to be so bright? I get it, sun, you're all hot and blinding. Yeah for you, sun. Now, where's a cloud when you need one?!

Today I will bask in the dark, damp scene outside my window. Maybe, oh just maybe, I will even get to decompress with the soundtrack of a steady rainfall. Can I get an AMEN?!


p.s.... what about you, dear reader friend? Are you a sunshine admirer, or are you more enchanted with a dark day? I'd love to read all about how YOU feel...

No comments: